I created this page for members of our Facebook Group, Saponfication Nation. If you are new to soap making, welcome! Below is a list of questions that get asked quite often and answers to get you started.
I’m completely new to soap making. Where do I start?
- There are lots of resources online for soap makers to get started! Check out Lovin Soap’s free Cold Process Soap Making Guide.
Where can I find recipes? Gimme all of your recipes!
No problem! I’ve got you covered!
- Cold Process Soap Recipes – Anything and everything when it comes to cold process soap.
- Natural Soap Recipes – Recipes using natural colorants (herbs, spices, clays) and essential oils blends.
- Goat Milk Soap Recipes
- Tallow Soap Recipes – These recipes are great for getting started making tallow soap.
How do I know what base oils to use and what their properties are?
- Check out our Soap Making Oil Property Chart to get a general idea of what oils to use and what they contribute to soap.
- Check out these posts on specific oils to learn more about their properties in soap. We’re adding more of these articles in 2017, so check back often!
- Check out our formulating topics to learn more about creating your own soap recipes.
Where do I order soap supplies?
- U.S. Suppliers Directory
- Australia Suppliers Directory
- We’re adding more country directories in 2017.
How do I color my soap?
- Check out our coloring soap quick start guide.
How do I know how much additive to add to my soap (clay, honey, coffee…etc)?
- Check out our additive chart for ideas.
Can you help me troubleshoot my soap?
- Check out our troubleshooting page for help.