In this video I’m going to walk you through making this amethyst inspired soap design.
Here’s what you’ll need!
Amethyst Inspired Soap Recipe
- Coconut Oil (76 degree) – 225 grams (25%)
- Cocoa Butter – 135 grams (15%)
- Olive Oil – 360 grams (40%)
- Avocado Oil – 90 grams (10%)
- Apricot Kernel Oil – 90 grams (10%)
- Sodium Hydroxide – 126 grams
- Water – 252 grams
Amethyst Fragrance Oil (Bramble Berry) – 1.5 oz.
- Grape Nehi (Mad Micas)
- Twilight (Mad Micas)
- Snow White (Mad Micas)
- Pewter Silver Mica (Mad Micas)
- Rainbow Silver Eco Glitter (Bramble Berry)
- I used a 10″ Silicone Loaf Mold from Bramble Berry.
Let’s make soap! If you are new to soapmaking, be sure to download our free guide, How to Make Cold Process Soap! Gear up in your gloves and your safety glasses.
Enjoy the design video!
Grab our new eCourse, Swirling Success!
Learn to control trace, so it doesn’t control you!
This detailed video training explores the difference between emulsion and trace, so you know when to stop mixing your soap, allowing enough time to color and execute intricate designs. You’ll leave the eClass with a greater understanding of how water/liquid, temperatures, base oils, fragrance oils, essential oils and additives all affect the movement of your soap to trace.