Soapmaking Tips, Tricks and Troubleshooting eBook
- 6 x 9 PDF eBook download | 142 Pages
What to do when your soapmaking goes wrong.
Let’s be honest, making soap isn’t all that difficult. In fact, the basic process is pretty easy. But once you get the basics down, there’s a whole world of challenges you’ll likely encounter as you work to advance your soapmaking techniques.
This book is THE soapmaking book that I wish I had when I first started making soap. When I made my first batch of soap back in 2008, everything that could go wrong, did go wrong! Instead of producing beautiful soap, my first batch was an oozing, squishy mess. Thankfully, for the rest of you soapmakers, that first batch didn’t keep me from honing my craft.
In Soapmaking Tips, Tricks and Troubleshooting, I provide extensive troubleshooting advice for when soap goes wrong. Moving beyond the basics, this book discusses advanced topics such as superfatting, water discounts, fatty acid profiles, gel phase and more.
Focusing on tips and tricks that make soapmaking more efficient, Soapmaking Tips, Tricks and Troubleshooting addresses advanced ideas, terms and definitions, helping you go from soapmaking novice to master.
With input from over 100 soapmakers, you’ll learn advanced techniques that improve your craft and make soapmaking infinitely more fun.
This book does NOT outline the basic soapmaking process. Instead, it elevates your knowledge of the basic soapmaking steps and provides you tactical tools for addressing the pitfalls you may encounter as you develop your soapmaking skills.
This PDF printable eBook includes chapters on the following topics:
- Terms to Know
- Common Soapmaking Abbreviations
- The Soapmakers’ Lingo
- Conversion Chart
- Carrier Oils & Butters for Soapmaking
- Fatty Acid Profile Chart
- Oil Substitutions
- Soapmaking Don’ts
- Water in Soapmaking
- Alternative Liquids
- Understanding Superfat & Lye Discount
- Temperatures in Soapmaking
- Dealing with Ash
- Gel Phase in Soap Making
- Dreaded Orange Spots
- How Much Soap will your Mold Hold?
- Using a Recipe Written in Percentages
- Colorants for Soapmaking
- Tips for Working with Lye
- Breaking the Rules
- Soap Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Tips from Soapmakers
- Troubleshooting a Soft Batch of Soap
- Troubleshooting White Spots in Your Soap
- Fragrance and Essential Oils Troubleshooting
- Swirling Tips
- Tips for Organizing Supplies
- Tips for Soapmaking Efficiency
- Random Tips from Soapmakers
- Starting a Business Selling Soap
- Tips for Turning Your Hobby into a Business
- Where to Sell Your Soap Online
- 60+ Marketing Ideas to Get Your Creative Juices Flowing
What people are saying about the Soapmaking Tips, Tricks & Troubleshooting eBook!
Gives me more confidence to continue my soap journey!
“I love this eBook. I didn’t encounter all these troubles yet, but I know for sure the book will help me when I do! It is well explained and gives me more confidence to continue my soap journey when I know what I can do to change a situation of disappointment and panic! Thank you, Amanda.” – Sonja
REFUND POLICY: Please note that we do not offer refunds on any of our products as most are digital products. If you are on the fence about your purchase and have questions, please contact us with any questions!