Creating and Using Soap Dough
Creating and Using Soap Dough Video eCourse
Create adorable embeds and embellishments for your cold process soap creations!
Soap dough is basically what it sounds like! It is a soft soap that is pliable. It can easily be formed and shaped into embeds and embellishments.
Soap dough is regular cold process soap that is kept from “curing” so that it maintains a pliable and workable consistency. Curing is the evaporation of water. Keeping your soap covered and air-tight allows your soap to maintain its water content, therefore, it’s pliable texture. Air is the enemy of soap dough! Let me walk you through the process and provide a ton of tips and tricks along the way!
(psst. Grab this amazing eClass as part of our new Membership at Lovin Soap Studio! Check out the details here.)
What can you do with soap dough?
Embeds/Embellishments – You can create embeds for your soap! The sky is the limit on what you can create. You can create citrus fruit, cherries to top your cupcakes, wee little pumpkins or even more ornate butterflies… Your imagination is your only limit!
Canes – You can create canes to embed in your loaf mold. A cane is a long embed that extends the length of your mold, so that when you go to cut your bars, the embed shows up in each bar.
Structural Formations – You can create part to entire bars of soap using soap dough. I’ve seen creative makers make mountains and ocean scenes out of soap dough to embed throughout their loaves.
Individual Figures – You can also use soap dough to create individual figures that stand out on their own. I’ve seen makers create figures such as fairies, cartoon characters, foods or even fancy rocks and stones.
Soap Dough Canes
In addition to the basic soap dough process you’ll learn how to make citrus and watermelon cane embeds! Cane embeds extend the length of your mold and show up in every slice of your soap!
Soap Dough Makes Creating Embeds Simple!
And just for fun, I’ll show you how to easily create these adorable mermaid tails using soap dough and only one mold. No need to purchase multiple molds for embeds!
You are only limited by your imagination! Soap Dough allows you to create whimsical and fun soap designs!
Elevate your soapmaking skills with the Creating and Using Soap Dough eCourse and create adorable embeds and embellishments!
About the Video Course
This 4-video series covers the following topics:
- Learn to create a batch of soap dough and divide it out into several colors.
- Learn tips and tricks to help you perfect your soap dough recipe.
- Learn to evaluate your own recipe to see if it will work for soap dough.
- Learn to use soap dough to easily create embeds using a single embed mold (mermaid tails).
- Learn to create watermelon cane embeds.
- Learn to create more intricate citrus cane embeds.
- Video tutorials complete soap dough process + mermaid tales + citrus and watermelon cane embeds.
- Information handout with recipe, including my favorite soap dough recipe, tips and tricks to get started.
Video Lessons Include
Video 1 – The Basic Soap Dough Process
Video 2 – Creating Mermaid Tail Embeds (one mold!)
Video 3 – Creating Watermelon Cane Embeds
Video 4 – Creating Citrus Cane Embeds
*This eClass is recommended for soapmakers who have made soap before and are looking to learn new design techniques.
How our eClasses Work
- Purchase the eClass through LovinSoap.com
- Log in to view your course(s) at lovinsoap.com/my-courses
- Unlimited, lifetime access! All eClass courses can be viewed as many times as you want.
REFUND POLICY: Please note that we do not offer refunds on any of our products as most are digital products. If you are on the fence about your purchase, please contact us with any questions!
**Join the Lovin Soap Studio Membership!**
Instead of purchasing this individual product, why not check out our Membership options where you can get it plus several other classes and eBooks for one low monthly fee!